Founder of Design Haus Medy, Medy Navani shares with Design Middle Middle East, the 2018 Interior Design trends you need to follow.
1. Wallpaper is making a comeback. Bright and patterns are in. We’re using wallpaper more than ever before, and not just limiting it to the four walls either. No longer reserved for just a feature wall, we use wallpaper to express our individuality and personality, whether that’s through clashing wallpaper or large-scale patterns and murals.
2. Sinks with drama are right on trend – concrete, stone, copper or granite to be in fashion in 2018. Today’s sinks are clever, functional works of art. An example would be the vessel sink, which breaks the traditional rules of choosing bathroom fixtures that are all in the same colour family and made from the same material.
3. Warm Neutrals are in. In 2018, we will see the application of greys with rich, earthy shades of camel, rust, tobacco, brown-blacks, delicious red, and burnt yellow. The Nordic “hygge” style will continue to be a focus; this is a simple, homely look that focuses on earth shades and natural materials such as linen, wool, wood, ore and stone.
4. White kitchen accessories and marble are out, and earth-toned shades, stonework and concrete accents are in. Concrete has always been a popular material choice for homemakers.
5. Colour is King! Bright, bold, saturated and strong, colours will be used in 2018 instead of pastels. Expect to see lashings of canary yellow, lime green, citrus orange, peacock blue and fuchsia pink. These strong tones also tap into a trend inspired by electro digital colours – intense, high-octane colours that come at us in playful advertising and over the Wi-Fi waves.
Follow @medy_navani on Instagram